- so much to offer
- useful information
- what's on?
- your membership
Maroochy RSL prides itself on managing all aspects of the club’s facilities in a professional and responsible manner, while ensuring we are providing a responsible and safe environment for all our patrons.
Entry is restricted to members, members of reciprocal clubs, members guests and bona fide visitors (residing more than 15km radius from the club).
responsible service of alcohol
The Board and Management of Maroochy RSL makes a commitment to maintain the Responsible Service of Alcohol in a safe environment for all members, patrons, visitors and the local community. Service of alcohol will be denied to any person suspected of being under 18 years of age and to any person whom is at that time considered to be in or approaching a state of intoxication.
The Board and Management acknowledge their Duty of Care and agree:
- That club patrons and the local community are not obliged to tolerate any inconvenience or disturbance as a result of the way that the club conducts its business
- Not to sell or supply alcoholic beverages to any person who is at that time considered to be in or approaching a state of intoxication. The Liquor “ACT” defines intoxication as; “A state of being in which a person’s mental and physical faculties are impaired because of consumption of liquor so as to diminish the person’s ability to think and act in a way in which an ordinary and prudent person in full possession of his or her faculties, and using reasonable care, would act under the circumstances”
- That management and staff have a statutory responsibility to deny the sale or consumption of alcohol to any person who they feel may be intoxicated, and reserve the right to deny entry into the club to any person who they feel may be intoxicated
- To implement the Liquor Licensing Division “No more It’s The Law”, campaign by providing in house training on patron care to all staff
- To record all incidents that result in the refusal of service due to intoxication and to maintain these records on file at the club
- To deny the service of alcohol to any person suspected of being under 18 years of age
- To ensure that only the authorised forms of identification as defined in the Liquor Act are accepted as a means of age identification and service will be refused to anyone who is asked to produce age identification and refuses, for whatever reason to do so
The sale or supply of alcoholic beverages to patrons who are considered to be unduly intoxicated or disorderly could result in a maximum fine of $8,000 to any individual employee or $50,000 to the Management.
For more information on community organisations that provide excessive alcohol support and advice, please visit our community support section.
Maroochy RSL is committed to providing an environment in which the gambling conducted minimises harm and meets community expectations.
Gaming facilities are provided in the club for the enjoyment of members and their guests. Where problem gambling occurs Maroochy RSL is happy to provide information regarding community organisations that will provide support and advice.
Maroochy RSL aspires to achieve a harm minimisation objective in our operations by:
- Provide gambling services and practices that conform to all applicable Acts and Regulations
- Promoting responsible gambling practices that conform to local community standards and expectations
- Implementing policies to encourage responsible practices in promotions relating to gambling
- Developing a policy that ensures all legislative requirements related to cheque cashing, payment of winnings and financial transactions are implemented and encourages patrons to develop responsible practices in the use of finances for gambling purposes
- Establishing a pleasant and safe gambling environment
- Encouraging patrons to take responsibility for their gambling activity through an effective self exclusion procedure upon request
- Developing and maintaining effective links between our club and community organisations that will provide support and advice for problem gamblers and their families
Persons under 18 years of age are not permitted in the gaming area at any time. If anyone under age is found in this area the parent/guardian must be advised that they are not permitted in the area. If a parent/guardian needs to be asked a second time they may be asked to leave the club. Babies are included in this restriction.
For more information on community organisations that provide gaming support and advice please visit our community support section.
Not permitted at any time
- Bare feet, swim or beach wear, training apparel (football team jerseys, leotards, bodysuits etc)
- Dirty, ripped or torn clothes or shoes
- Clothing with obscene or offensive messages
- Exceptionally short shorts / dresses
- Men’s singlet’s or hats
After 7pm the following dress rules apply
- Men may wear long trousers or dress shorts of a reasonable length
- Ladies may wear slacks, dresses or shorts of a reasonable length
- Football socks are not permitted
After 8pm the following dress rules apply
- Scuffs and thongs are not permitted
- Leather sandals are acceptable
Patrons are to be clean, neat and tidy at all times. Management reserves the right to determine dress standards.
designated outside smoking areas
For the convenience of our smoking patrons, throughout the Club in various locations we have provided designated outside smoking areas. These are located:
- At the front of Star Gaming Lounge
- At the rear of Star Gaming Lounge
- To the right of Coffee on First, up the stair well
- Adjacent to Elevations Bar, on the mezzanine level of the club
Maroochy RSL is subject to the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988. This Act contains 10 National Privacy Principles that set standards for the handling of personal information. The club has a commitment to privacy and the safeguarding of member, visitor and staff personal information.
Any personal information provided by you to the club, (e.g. name, address, date of birth and contact details), including information collected as a result of a membership card being placed in a gaming machine or other club machine linked to a member loyalty system (not ATMs) that may provide a benefit or service to you, will be protected.
Maroochy RSL does not usually disclose your personal information to any other organisation or person unless there is a legal requirement to do so. Maroochy RSL may also disclose personal information to relevant authorities if it reasonably believes that there is a threat to an individual’s life, health or safety, or public health or safety. If Maroochy RSL has reason to suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in, personal information may be used or disclosed as a necessary part of any investigation and reporting to the relevant persons or authorities.
maroochy rsl disclaimer
This website provides information about the services and facilities at Maroochy RSL. This information is correct at the time of publication. The Maroochy RSL reserves the right to make changes to all information (including prices) on the site at any time, without prior notice.
Information and material contained on this website is subject to copyright. No part of the site may be reproduced without written permission from Maroochy RSL.